Datera Transforms Industry Approach to Data Services for High Performance Applications with 100% Software-Based Platform
Version 3.2 delivers breakthrough automation at new levels of performance and scale through collaboration with key industry leaders
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 28, 2018 – Datera, Inc., the visionary provider of the leading 100% software-driven data services platform for high performance applications, announced the immediate availability of its Datera 3.2 Platform, enabling customers to intelligently automate their data operations and capitalize on the transition to server-based architectures to solve their data challenges. With this latest release, Datera further extends its market leadership in data automation and orchestration for tier one applications with heightened integration into container-based applications, new levels of performance through collaboration with flash and persistent memory technology leaders Intel and Samsung, and expanded global reach with active-active stretch clusters that transcend legacy data silos. As part of this release, Datera also expands the list of deployment configurations and certifications with the industry’s top three server providers (HPE, Dell and Cisco), making it easier for customers to attain the benefits of Datera with their hardware vendor of choice.
“The design of Datera’s Data Services Platform simplifies and automates IT storage architectures for tier one applications by creating a single, enterprise-ready design that spans workloads, locations and uses cases,” said George Crump, Lead Analyst at Storage Switzerland. “With its expanded support for container-based workloads and expanded server-based deployment options in 3.2, Datera makes a strong case to organizations looking to cure the headaches associated with legacy data architectures.”
This newest version addresses the top and most pressing storage challenges large traditional and modern cloud-based businesses face, which is how to streamline and simplify data management across a heterogeneous and highly-distributed environment at scale. Datera 3.2 enhances data automation, provides self-driving orchestration, maximizes consistent performance and scales with operational control, all with a level of freedom to mix and match applications and infrastructure specific to an organization.
“CIOs are under tremendous pressure to increase the efficiency of their operations by enabling their critical applications to drive their infrastructure, rather than through manual intervention by their teams, yet they are held hostage by the legacy infrastructures of the past,” said Marc Fleishmann, CEO of Datera. “My team and I work with customers and partners every day to understand their requirements and collaborate with them on priorities. I have complete confidence that our platform and expanded ecosystem of partners is in the right place at the right time to break this logjam. Enterprises now have the opportunity to deliver a modern data foundation for their applications with the performance, scale and automation they desire at a cost profile that makes sense with Datera and our 3.2 enhancements.”
“The customers we serve are looking to exploit containers for their modern apps and these customers want their infrastructure to be software-driven, automated and abstracted from the underlying hardware, which is exactly what Datera does,” said Joshua Lindenbaum, Vice President of Business Development at Redapt, a CRN Top 100 global data center infrastructure integrator. “Recent IDC data shows that server-based storage is growing roughly 2 times traditional array-based options, and now with 3.2, we have, perhaps for the first time in the industry, a platform that delivers on promise of software-driven storage for the mission-critical applications that live at the core of large enterprises.”
Datera 3.2 delivers value across a number of enterprise priorities with specific capabilities:
- Containers and Virtual Machines: 3.2 integrates deeply with container frameworks and the container ecosystem, including Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes. 3.2 includes automated data co-orchestration along with application containers scale that facilitates application development, testing and scale ups, complementing its existing support for virtual machine environments.
- Automated Operations: 3.2 introduces active-active stretch clusters to enable a truly distributed infrastructure that incorporates Datera’s patented approach to intelligent data orchestration and request routing to maximize consistent performance and continuous availability, allowing for effortless expansion and automatically rebalance as data grows.
- Maximum Performance: 3.2 delivers new high-performance data nodes through collaboration with and Intel and Samsung for support of NVMe and persistent memory technologies capable of 200K IOPS (input output operations per second) at 200 microseconds latency per node that can be combined in an overall environment to support millions of IOPS at consistent latency.
- @ Global Scale: 3.2 provides expanded support for high capacity environments, now to 6 petabytes across global rollouts, and new high capacity nodes, now to 96TB, all designed to support enterprise-scale deployments.
- Enhanced Data Services: 3.2 provides new efficiency capabilities like compression, virtual provisioning and deduplication, and the new S3 data service for high-performance object support to facilitate modern cloud native and artificial intelligence applications that underpin today’s generation of apps that harness rich content right from the start.
- Freedom with Control: 3.2 delivers on the promise of enabling CIOs to deliver data infrastructure as-a-service with an expanded roster of server-based storage options in partnership with the industry’s leading providers HPE, Dell and Cisco, all managed from a single pane of glass with predictive operations, advanced anomaly detection, and complete visual insight across both applications and data environment.
“Datera is a central component of our API-driven bare metal cloud, which we designed from the ground up to power next-generation enterprise workloads at global scale,” said Zachary Smith, CEO of Packet. “Our most demanding users see hardware as an innovation layer, using the Packet platform to extract maximum value and performance by pairing innovative hardware like Intel® Optane™ with cloud-native software like Datera. Ultimately, this allows us to deliver a class of service that sets Packet apart in our hyper-competitive market.”
Datera is the leading 100% software-based data services platform and is deployed at Global 2000 enterprises and leading service providers in North America and EMEA today. Today, with its 3.2 release, Datera supports the latest high-performance flash memory storage technology from Intel and Samsung, is certified on the leading server-based storage hardware in the industry and is ready to enable forward-thinking enterprises and service providers to accelerate in the coming data era.
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation in partnership with the leaders in server-based infrastructure, all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
Datera is recognized by Network World as a Hot Storage Company to Watch, CRN as a Top Software-Defined Data Center Provider and the Telecom Council as a Service Provider Innovation Award winner. To learn more about Datera, our transformative approach, partners, and solutions, visit and chat with us at www.daterastage.wpengine.com, email email@example.com, or call +1-844-4DATERA.