Be One of Us!
Technical Marketing/ Solution Engineer
Datera is well funded Company led by a team of technology veterans that have built successful compute, distributed systems and storage ventures. Founded in 2013, Datera is backed by Andy Bechtolsheim, Pradeep Sindhu, Khosla Ventures and Samsung Ventures.
Datera is building “Storage for Cloud Era” for enterprises and service providers, with game changing economics, performance and operational simplification.”Datera Elastic Data Fabric Software makes InfrastructureasCode a Reality”. Datera provides the Industry’s first APIdriven, policybased storage software, bringing hyperscale operations and economics to private and public clouds. Datera leads and drives Linux IO standards, and in addition is driving Cloud 2.0 consumption policy framework in OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos. This is accelerating the adoption of Cloud 2.0 agile data centers pursuing beyond VMware, to an evolving system architecture, newage data stacks, analytics and NoSQL scaling, and XaaS defragmentation.
We are looking for a versatile, high energy TME/Cloud Solution Engineer who can effectively communicate value of cloud infrastructure to the large infrastructure buyers.
Datera is working with the thought-leading customers building dynamic private clouds, and this is an opportunity to transform the data center with unorthodox technologies.TME/Cloud Solution Engineer shall be a key member of the product Marketing and technical marketing team and will be the technical expert on Datera’s products, cloud eco-system and competitive positioning. Solution Architect will be the technical expert across not only Datera’s products but also data center networking, cloud orchestration, storage and container technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Define, develop and communicate the Datera value proposition.
- Will be Developing Solutions for Sales team/ Creating Solutions and will be a key Evanligist
- Play a critical role in helping guide with product definition and eco-system integration.
- Support pre-sales activity and provide technical guidance for the sales teams.
- Develop strong client relationships and become a trusted source to the customer.
- Develop compelling solution reference architectures, white papers and best practice guides with various cloud orchestrators, and applications such as NoSQL, clustered databases, etc.
- Develop field and customer facing technical product collateral including demo guides, product evaluation criteria, VODs, competitive analysis and FAQs
- Proactive knowledge transfer and technical training to sales, technology partners and channel partners on messaging and differentiation.
- Thought leadership and external evangelization at executive briefings, webinars and industry events.
Who we are looking for:
- Energy, passion and motivation to helping our customers and guiding sales teams
- BSEE or BSCS with 5+ years in solution Engineering, technical marketing, customer support, or equivalent role.>
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of cloud, storage, AWS, Open-Stack and networking technologies.
- Strong knowledge of python, golang or other scripting skills.
- Ability to develop solution reference architectures, and exposure to applications such as NoSQL, clustered databases, etc.
- Ability to develop integrations with cloud operations and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Mesosphere Docker Swarm and VCDX
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience in developing and presenting competitive product analysis for technical sales.
- Prior product or integration experience in cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Prior product evangelization role is a strongplus.