We are looking for a software engineer to work in a small team developing the full stack management plane of a scale-out storage product. The responsibilities of this team include developing and maintaining the customer-facing REST, GUI and CLI interfaces as well as the back-end data models, communication with and configuration of lower-level product modules, statistics & analytics, and overall business logic. The stack is highly interactive, real-time, and data-driven, and is implemented in Node.js.
You will primarily be working on back-end, server-side code. You will be expected to write code that would be mid to high complexity, on the cutting edge of the capabilities of the Node.js framework, and to deliver with speed and quality.
The code produced should be thoroughly unit tested, and it will go through in-depth code reviews.
- BS/BA/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of development experience with Node.js.
- Full stack web application development experience.
- Strong functional programming skills.
- Strong asynchronous / event-driven programming skills.
- API design experience.
- Experience with object oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, React.js.
- Experience creating interactive data visualizations or dashboards.
- Experience developing enterprise software.
- Experience with engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.