Sales Development Representative – Chicago
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
This role is best suited to individuals who have gained experience in a previous sales role such as inside sales representative, and have a desire to move into a territory role to engage directly with customers and partners to develop and close
You want a career in IT Sales, and this job is the first step in having a successful career
- 1-2 years of sales experience selling IT infrastructure into the enterprise — networking, storage, Software Defined Storage and hybrid clouds experience.
- Strong prospecting skills including cold calling, email, social media, etc.
- Proven track record of consistent success in engaging customers over the phone and developing/executing an account plan partnering with field sales team and ecosystem partners.
- Energetic, self starter with desire to learn and work in a fast paced early stage startups .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise and compelling storyteller
- Demonstrated ability to be able to use and maintain accurate information in CRM tools.
The Sales Development Representative is a key player to help accelerate our growth in assigned territory. You will be responsible for strategically developing opportunities by identifying and educating business leaders of the Datera solution. You
will partner closely with your Sales Manager and Partners to qualify leads, setup meetings progress opportunities to closure.
- Prospect for new customers in the territory through partnering with strategic partners and channel partners, as well as follow up on marketing leads.
- Qualify opportunities and partner with your Sales Manager to develop a sales campaign to progress opportunities to closure.
- Conduct high level conversations with business leaders in prospects accounts by articulating Datera value proposition
- Actively maintain a sales pipeline with documented activity in accordance with sales processes and methodologies
- Previous experience as a Inside Sales Representative, Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, Account Development Representative
- Fearless and positive attitude – willing to take intelligent risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Passion and desire to empower IT professionals to be more productive through cloud technologies
- Brilliant presentation skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it