Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
You are an exceptional engineer on a mission to make a serious impact in your next job. You have the taste to recognize interesting problems, the talent to create elegant solutions, and the drive to deliver disruptive products. As a Performance Engineer you will continuously design creative ways to measure, identify and improve, the performance of Datera’s Enterprise storage solutions.
- Define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Datera Enterprise cloud solutions.
- Efficiently work with various profiling tools to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Design, code, and implement automated tests for high throughput, low latency, storage products in block, file, and object formats.
- Verify build to build performance quality to speed analysis of performance impact.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions in cross-team engineering efforts and own quality perspectives for the design.
- Work with on platform and cloud analytics team to create predictive analytics for performance related customer
- B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience.
- 6+ years work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Coding experience in at least one main stream coding language (Preferred: Python).
- Skilled in benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load.
- Experience with debugging performance bottlenecks with common Linux tools i.e. perf top, iostat, strace, etc.
- Hands on experience testing enterprise class storage systems.
- Strong experience in bottleneck analysis, profiling, and tracing.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems.
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting linux/unix systems.
- Bachelors or Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Hands on experience with full stack testing of enterprise grade storage products.
- Working knowledge of industry standard technologies, raid, encryption, compression, deduplication, replication, snapshots, clones, nfs, and iscsi.