Customer Support Engineer
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
- Customer pre-sales support during customer technology trials, helping customers setup, test and benchmark a solution.
- Post-sales, pre-production solution design, helping customers develop best practices and operation procedures.
- Post-sales, production deployment, helping customers troubleshoot and resolve product and ecosystem issues.
- Pre-release feature functionality and ecosystem integration testing.
- Testing product workarounds prior to applying a remedy on customer site.
- Customer advocacy; helping our engineering team to meet customer requirements on quality and functionality completeness.
- Work with technology partners to resolve ecosystem customer issues.
- Infrequent travel to customer sites and datacenters.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience in testing, system engineering or technical support.
- Hands-on experience in all three technical areas: Storage, Networking and Linux.
- Experience working in a lab, setting up servers, switches/routers and storage devices.
- Good communication skills to interact with customers in person and via teleconference.
- Basic scripting skills with Linux shell or python.
- Server virtualization (Linux, VmWare).
- Automation and orchestration with OpenStack and Kubernetes.
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.