Build and Release Engineer
Datera is looking to hire a full-time build and release engineer to join an exceptional engineering team that is bringing the software-defined revolution to enterprise data storage for tier 1 workloads and challenging industry norms across the board.
You will thrive in this role if you are curious, innovative, data driven, and work to make things a little better every single day. We expect you are smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, reach out for the start of a great journey together.
Here are some more details:
- Create, manage and maintain reliable, scalable build and release infrastructure using Jenkins, Make, RPM and related tools, enabling engineering teams to rapidly deliver features with high quality.
- Improve and enhance the build and release system implementing release engineering best practices.
- Maintain Git source code control system and implement source branching best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the integration and release process.
- Work with QA to define and automate build qualification and develop, implement and report build metrics.
- Develop and maintain tools to help the engineering teams improve productivity.
- Maintain toolchain and look for improvements. Implement code analysis and code coverage.
- Improve reliability and performance, and ensure high availability and recoverability of the build infrastructure.
- Clearly and timely escalate major concerns to appropriate stakeholders, propose and evangelize solutions, implement improvements.
- Infrequently be available after hours to handle release emergencies for customer escalations.
- BS or higher degree in computer science or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience setting up, maintaining, and automating continuous integration systems including with Jenkins, RPM, Make, Linux, Containers, VMs, etc.
- Fluency with source code management systems including Git
- Experience with source code branching strategies and best practices
- Proficient with programming on Linux with Python, bash, or similar programming environment
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional organization
- Ability to propose and adapt processes to drive impactful change
- Skilled at clearly and concisely communicating relevant information filtering and distilling for the right audience
- Experience with Containers and VMs
How to stand out
- Self motivated and self managed
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical competence
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems and collaboration
- Open-minded, passionate, but not ideological
- Biased towards automation and ensuring “it just works”
- Team-first attitude motivated by helping other engineers work efficiently and succeed
- Solid foundation in system administration and infrastructure as code with deep knowledge of container and clustering technologies
- Track record of identifying useful new technologies and incorporating them into software development process
- Worked in a cross platform environment