Account Manager- Chicago
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
- Comfortable achieving assigned revenue and new account objectives.
- At least 10 years of experience selling IT infrastructure into the enterprise with networking, storage and Software Defined Storage and hybrid clouds experience.
- Proven track record of consistent sales success.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter with experience at early stage startups and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in building executive relationships with multiple named accounts while providing insight and strategy around how Services-Led customers go-to-market; mapping our solutions to our client’s customers.
- Able to engage and lead cross-functional/virtual resources as part of extended team and execute annual plan for named account in line with company strategy.
- Business forecasting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, and pipeline development) required.
- Develop and execute an account plan that includes key business and ecosystem partners.
- Prospect and call into new accounts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Sales Management, and Marketing to increase the effectiveness of sales campaigns
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue.
Qualifications (Requirements for this role)
- Experienced in selling into enterprise accounts
- Experienced selling in areas such as networking, storage, software defined storage and hybrid clouds
- Excellent communicator with expertise in building/leading large sales teams
- Self-starter, respectful negotiator and strong closer
- 7+ years account management experience
- Brilliant presentation skills
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.