Datera Records Solid 240 Percent Growth for First Half of 2018
Proven Ability to Transform Enterprise Data Environments with True Software-Driven Platform Fuels Business Acceleration!!
SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 21, 2018 – Datera, Inc., the visionary provider of the leading 100 percent software-driven data services platform for high performance applications, announced 2018 first half business growth of 240 percent, seven times the industry growth rate as reported by IDC. This growth validates Datera’s ability to deliver entirely new levels of automation and performance in collaboration with industry leaders in cloud native, container-based applications and data infrastructure. Datera provides the data foundation for enterprises to accelerate their transformation to a cloud-ready future and realize 70 percent lower cost of capital and operation.
“Our singular mission is to enable the transformation of the core application environments of global enterprises with a 100 percent programmable approach that puts their applications in full operational control of the data that drives them,” said Marc Fleischmann, CEO of Datera. “I’m proud of the Datera team’s execution across every dimension of the business, including product development, partner collaboration and go-to-market, while remembering it all starts with customer success. We enable our customers to transform their data operations to become cloud-ready.”
Customer and Partner Growth:
- 240 percent growth in platform business first half of fiscal year 2018
- 133 percent increase in new customer acquisition, complementing continued global 2000 customer expansion
- Deepened collaboration with cloud-native ecosystem and container leaders Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes, flash memory powerhouses Intel and Samsung, and server-based infrastructure leaders HPE, Cisco and Dell
Product Enhancement with 3.2 Platform Release:
- Expanded enablement of container-based applications, building on earlier contributions to the Container Storage Interface (CSI) and Kubernetes framework and ecosystem
- New levels of performance featuring 200 microseconds latency and 200K IOPS (input output operations per second) per server node for the most demanding workloads
- Proven support for petabyte-scale, multi-tenant environments stretched across multiple data centers, enabled by real-time data orchestration and automated administration
- New S3 services for high-performance object data support, critical to modern cloud native and artificial intelligence applications
New Executive Leadership Hires:
- Hal Woods named Chief Technology Officer, former executive with Western Digital and Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Narasimha Valiveti appointed Vice President of Product and Engineering, former executive with Dell EMC
- Chris Cummings named Chief Marketing Officer, former executive with IBM Cleversafe and NetApp
“Transformation is the singular objective of today’s CIOs – transform the business for a digital future,” said Senior Analyst Scott Sinclair of Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “Datera enables this transformation through a software-based approach designed to optimize and scale the data environment that serves their applications in collaboration with key technology players they trust like Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Intel, Samsung, Cisco and Dell EMC. Datera is at the right place, at the right time, with the right approach to enable this transformation.”
Datera further welcomes to its Board of Directors technology veteran Guy Churchward, with prior executive leadership roles at Dell EMC, NetApp, and BEA Systems. Churchward said, “I’m excited to join the Board of Datera because the team is delivering on the real promise of the software defined data center and has cracked the code on addressing the storage demands for tier 0/1 application workloads, which is no small feat.”
Datera is the leading 100 percent software-based data services platform and is deployed at Global 2000 enterprises and leading service providers in North America and EMEA today. Datera is committed to enabling forward-thinking enterprises and service providers to accelerate into the coming data era.
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation in partnership with the leaders in server-based infrastructure, all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
Datera is recognized by Network World as a Hot Storage Company to Watch, CRN as a Top Software-Defined Data Center Provider and the Telecom Council as a Service Provider Innovation Award winner. To learn more about Datera, our transformative approach, partners, and solutions, visit and chat with us at www.daterastage.wpengine.com, email email@example.com, or call +1-844-4DATERA.
Connect with Datera: