HPE ProLiant Servers
Datera delivers high-performance data orchestration and advanced automation on the most flexible and secure industry standard HPE Gen9 & Gen10 servers. Datera 100% software-driven data services platform powers the most demanding application environments at global scale with game-changing automation and enterprise performance to achieve a cloud-like data infrastructure, all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and on-going operation.
Delivering consistent low latencies of sub-two hundred microseconds, and scaling to millions of IOPS, Datera on HPE ProLiant servers outperforms all software-defined storage solutions and many traditional storage arrays.
The Datera analytics engine monitors infrastructure and ensures performance, while providing continuous availability and self-optimization through applied machine learning.
Datera on HPE servers delivers performance with enterprise-class rich data services, far beyond first generation software-defined storage.
- Utilizes a 100% programmable application programming interface (API) based on industry standard protocols (no proprietary access method) to deliver a simple way for developers to enable data for their applications.
- Employs a self-service, cloud-like user model for on-demand provisioning.
- Provides live data migration, non-disruptively automated through policies, and live hardware insertion lets you add nodes on the fly without downtime.
- Enables volume tiering to dynamically place data on the best performance tier specified through policies.
- Delivers advanced data services per volume, including S3 object storage, policy-based tiering, stretch clustering, L3 networking, fault domains, and all the traditional enterprise-class storage features.
- Drives consistent sub-200S latencies with rich data services
- Delivers millions of IOPS across a complete data center environment
- Enables compression and deduplication on a node or global basis to drive down costs and overhead
- Provides price/performance control at a volume level, enabling organizations to right-size the economics for their internal or external customers
- Supports a mix of heterogeneous nodes, including persistent memory, high-performance all-flash and hybrid flash nodes selected to meet workload requirements
- Runs on standard server nodes from the leading vendors with no vendor lock-in
- Need to expand? Drop in a new node of any type and the system rebalances to incorporate that new capacity and horsepower
- Supports node decommissioning through a node? Retire it and the systems rebalances to optimize the next operation
- Enables enterprises to extend the life and value of their server assets and span multiple generations of hardware innovation
Data Center Awareness
- Tunable resiliency through automated policy-based tiering & replicas
- Data automation for Containers VMware, KVM & other hypervisors, and OpenStack & CloudStack
- Bare metal deployment
- Advanced analytics monitors infrastructure, capacity & performance
- Uses a declarative model to continuously achieve the desired quality of service amidst constantly changing conditions
- Employs advanced, cloud-based analytics, alerts and visualizations via a cloud engine to analyze all system resources, across individual and collective customer environments
- Utilizes applied machine learning to optimize system-wide resources to continuously deliver the right quality of service without the need for manual tuning or intervention
- Provides real-time visibility and control over the entire data environment from a single pane-of-glass