Solutions Architect – Germany
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future, all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
Solution Architect (SA)
We are looking for a Solutions Architect in the EMEA, Germany area, who will provide technical direction and business guidance for our customers and sales team. The successful candidate will support customer engagements by leading architectural design sessions, building proofs of concepts and performing technical briefings.
Act as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Understands DATERA and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Serve as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including CxO level executive level technical decision-makers.
- Experience driving technology solutions that solve business challenges
- Technical Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to data center architecture including SAN, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence.
- Virtualization, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, cloud experience.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Experience in Solutions architecture for Storage, Cloud, Networking, and Solutions relating to this technology
- Experience in Software Defined Solutions architecture for SDS, SDDC, SDN, and Solutions relating to this technology - General IT expertise and knowledge of solutions development, components and architectures
- Understanding of Storage and how it works within server, hyper-converged, & Flex computing models
- Experience managing and deploying storage environments ideally utilizing Datera management tools
- Experience with networking and SDN (Bigswitch, Cumulus, IPFussion, and Pluribus)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Assure, Google)
- Experience with a wide range of Enterprise Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, and VMWare (NSX, vROPS. vRA)
- 10+ yrs of related experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in MIS, Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.