Senior Director of Engineering
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Infrastructure Engineering to lead this group. The ideal candidate has a proven track record building large, scalable infrastructure, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and is—first and foremost—a fantastic manager of people. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead a team of backend and frontend engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on execution, quality, and speed
- Evangelize the product vision internally and externally. Be able to represent the company, product, and team at all levels
- Partner with the product management organization to develop and deliver on roadmaps
- Work closely with customer success to improve outcomes
- Recognize process and product gaps early and able to lead changes to achieve better outcomes
- Strong executive presence and ability to champion ideas and initiatives
- Be a strong mentor and coach to the team
- Further innovation in the organization
- 15+ years of progressive engineering and leadership in startup environment
- S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience building and leading large teams (30+) engineers
- Experience overseeing all aspects of software development
- Experience growing and mentoring a leadership team
- Experience building high volume, high scale SaaS products
- Strong experience with distributed system architecture and public cloud
- Track record of recruiting top talent to build and scale teams
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting priorities and make quick decisions in a dynamic environment
- Strong communicator with ability to evangelize ideas at all levels
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.