Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the OS part of our CentOS/Linux based distributed software defined storage product. You will be part of the Engineering team that develops the system and own the bootstrapping, automated installation, the various network configurations (L2/L3) and management features.
Product Manager Job Duties:
- Ensure product installs flawlessly on all supported hardware configurations
- Design, develop and implement the system that allow our product to be kept up-to-date in the field
- Own, develop and implement the network configuration of our product (L2 and L3 setup, bird, bgp, etc)
- Experience with Linux/CentOS installation and configuration on hardware servers, creating and deploying RPMS, setup RAID, setup/install grub, writing custom udev rules,
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as RAID, local rpm mirrors
- Linux scripting languages, in particular bash and python
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, bird (L3 routing, bgp), customized dhclient
- Some experience with virtualization technology (qemu) helpful
- Technical Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to data center architecture including SAN, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence.
- Virtualization, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, cloud experience.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Experience in Solutions architecture for Storage, Cloud, Networking, and Solutions relating to this technology General IT expertise and knowledge of solutions development, components and architectures
- Understanding of Storage and how it works within server, hyper-converged, & Flex computing models
- Experience managing and deploying storage environments ideally utilizing Datera management tools
- Experience with networking and SDN (Bigswitch, Cumulus, IPFussion, and Pluribus)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Assure, Google)
- Experience with a wide range of Enterprise Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, and VMWare (NSX, vROPS. vRA)
- -4+ yrs of related experience
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.