Ecosystem Solutions Developer
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
You are an exceptional engineer on a mission to make a serious impact on your next job. You have the taste to recognize interesting problems, the talent to create elegant solutions, and the drive to deliver disruptive products. As an Ecosystem Solutions Developer you will design and implement creative ways to integrate Datera’s products into customer ecosystems, including, but not limited to Kubernetes, Open Stack, VMware vCenter, Cloud Stack…
- Design, develop and test system integration solutions for Datera Enterprise cloud solutions.
- Design and improve Datera system APIs
- Get involved and influence Open Source community projects related to Datera’s products
- Develop elegant and effective solutions that allow customers to use Datera products in their current ecosystem
- Build SDKs that interact with Datera APIs
- Interact with customers to understand their most pressing needs.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience in testing, system engineering or technical support.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Coding experience in at least one mainstream coding language (Preferred: Python, Golang).
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with OpenStack
- 5+ years of work experience as a software developer
- Hands on experience developing enterprise class storage systems.
- Strong experience in bottleneck analysis, profiling, and tracing.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience in developing/documenting REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting Linux/Unix systems.
- MsSc or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard technologies: Kubernetes, VMW APIs, OpenStack (Cinder, Swift, Glance), AWS
Datera is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Datera are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Datera will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.