Director, Product Management
Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
Versatile and entrepreneurial product leader with a successful record in strategizing, defining and executing initiatives, in both Product and engineering leadership roles. Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Product Manager Job Duties:
- You will manage product lifecycle from end to end – including functional specifications, proposal, product roadmap, implementation, testing, go-to-market strategy, and launch.
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience as a Product Manager over a Hardware Device/Product
- Experience of the full life cycle development Software Defined Enterprise software from conception to launch
- Experience managing milestones and deliverables of a products manufacturing life cycle and development
- 3+ years in a senior role, managing a product development team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related technical field
- Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.
- Experience delivering Enterprise software software defined products including components of the CX, product design and architecture, back end/cloud, launch and support.
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
Datera is building cloud scale infrastructure for enterprises and service providers, with game changing economics, performance and operational simplification. Datera leads and drives Linux IO standards, and in addition is driving Cloud 2.0 consumption policy framework in OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos. This is accelerating the adoption of Cloud 2.0 agile data centers pursuing beyond VMware, to a evolving system architecture, new-age data stacks, analytics and NoSQL scaling, and XaaS defragmentation.