- Architect, design & implement new features for innovative storage products for cloud infrastructure
- Design, implement and validate state-of-the art solutions that meet or exceed current and future products
- Optimize and tune storage stacks to achieve breakthrough performance and latency
Skills and Experience:
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Mathematics or related field.
- At least 8-10 years experience in storage system software architecture, design & development, debugging, tuning and performance analysis.
- Deep knowledge of high-performance storage architectures.
- Experience in distributed/clustered storage designs.
- Experience with data management and data reduction technologies like snapshots, thin provisioning, de-duplication, compression, erasure coding, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Software and Hardware RAID technologies
- Good working knowledge of the Linux storage stack (or VMware), both block and file-system (e.g. LIO, SCST, LVM, VxVM, VxFS, ZFS, XFS, Lustre, GPFS, Gluster, Ceph).
- Hands on experience with kernel debuggers, performance counters and protocol analyzers.
- Working knowledge of SCSI, iSCSI, iSER, PCIe, NVMe, RDMA and other storage protocols and interfaces.
- Prior knowledge/experience in KVM/Xen/ESX/Hyper-V hypervisor and virtualization software architecture, development and debug is a plus.
- Strong software engineering skills with efficient, maintainable and testable C/C++/Python.
- Experience with modern tools to develop software in an agile and efficient manner (e.g. git, Jenkins, ReviewBoard, Jira, etc.)