Director of Strategic Alliance and Business Development is a high profile position that will be tasked with global responsibilities to help drive forward the Datera ecosystem strategy. This person will be a seasoned business development professional with an established track record of developing strategic alliances with technology partners including corporate initiatives and GTM programs. This is a unique opportunity to develop and execute on a global alliance strategy to help enterprises and service providers on their journey to adopting cloud technologies.
- Shape and execute global alliances strategy designed to increase Datera’s market share and brand awareness.
- Create programs that showcase Datera’s value propositions, including executive relationships.
- Support the sales organizations in the field through mindshare and by introducing partnership opportunities across the globe.
- Coordinate negotiations of technology & business agreements with Datera’s ecosystem partners.
- Represent requirements and opportunities to eco-system partner team and staff, and represent eco-system technology requirements to Datera product and marketing teams.
- Establish and track key success metrics.
- 10+ years’ experience in developing technology partnerships in enterprise software, Cloud, storage and/or data center spaces, including a deep network of contacts in these spaces. Prior experience with a major server OEM is a bonus.
- Proven ability to successfully build strong relationships with partners.
- Exceptional communications & selling skills
- The candidate should have a strong technical foundation, including an in-depth working knowledge of the enterprise software and data-center infrastructure space.
- A structured thinker with superior writing, presentation, and business problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans; ability to collaborate effectively with Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Legal.
- Start-up experience or other similar business-building experience within a larger company that demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset.
- MBA or equivalent experience is desired. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent technical experience preferred.