Director of Product Marketing will be key member of Marketing Leadership team, the right candidate must be a team player with demonstrated excellence in articulating benefits of product capabilities to target customers with accurate positioning and simplified messaging. The ideal candidate should have an “insurgent” mentality to “think and act exponentially” for maximal impact and find innovative ways to raise awareness among target audience.The candidate should have outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels internally and externally. The candidate would lead initiatives to translate strategy into action with excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, new content creation skills and must have a strong track record of success with new offerings.The candidate should have the requisite presence to develop himself/herself as a domain and subject matter expert in the Visibility market, and be able to speak at external industry events/forums with authority. If you love being at the intersection of Products, Marketing, Sales, Partners, Analysts and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new businesses, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you!
- Be responsible for defining the product marketing strategy for both current and future Datera Products portfolio.
- Define and Develop go-to-market messaging and positioning strategy for Datera.
- Understand the competitive landscape to properly position and differentiate Datera’s portfolio.
- Author external-facing content such as datasheets, videos, white papers, solution briefs and other thought-leadership or high-impact collateral.
- Have a talent for both understanding highly technical concepts and translating them into simplified market-ready messages that will resonate with Datera customers and prospects.
- In collaboration with other peers in the Marketing team, support creation of compelling sales enablement and customer-facing assets conveying the Datera message, including: presentations, white papers, web pages, battle cards, sales playbooks, blogs, press articles and promotions.
- Craft content and key messages for major events and tradeshows.
- Be a spokesperson for the company in interviews with media and analysts.
- Develop content and new articles for channel partner and customer newsletters.
- Responsible for building and managing a team of high-performance marketing professionals.
- The development of a functional content throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MBA preferred but a business aptitude is essential or equivalent experience.
- Overall 10+ years of experience with at least 5+ years in product marketing in the field of cloud/data center technologies/storage.
- Experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments.
- Deep familiarity with either Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure, their services and ecosystems.
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems frameworks e.g. VmWare, OpenStack, Container (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere).
- Knowledge of real-time streaming analytics and big data frameworks e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Cassandra, NoSQL etc.
- Ability to balance marketing goals with financial objectives.
- Experience developing/engaging with online customer communities including social media.
- Ability to articulate fresh and original viewpoints succinctly in blog posts, online avenues and other written publications.
- Strong collaboration & persuasive skills, showing ability to influence at multiple levels, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve business outcomes.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including executives, mid-level management, engineers, customers, partners, sales and sales engineers, analysts, journalists and social media.
- Ability to multiplex multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly responsive to demands by the field and customers.